So I got a new job doing embedded systems forensics - debugging medical devices that have possibly Gone Wrong. Turns out my Phone on Fire book was an excellent calling card, as the position requires the same problem-solving brain twists as my own technical mysteries!
Pretty cool when your potential boss has read part of your book.
Anyway, we’d been working towards a Final Written Offer Letter for a little while. I got a Verbal shortly after the interview, a Tentative Written Offer Letter a while later, and over the next couple months I completed two pretty comprehensive application packages about 1/2 a ream thick. It would have been less stressful if Microsoft would have let me open my own thesis, but it got all registry passive-aggressive on me.
The final weeks we ramped asymptotically to 99.999% Goodness with the Tentative Official Offer Letter. (My language, not theirs.)
So, happily, I get The Official Call from HR and I’ve passed all security clearances, have garnered the last 0.001% and am now officially 100% approved as a new hire!
… and (baited breath) shortly there after the long awaited Official Official Offer Letter arrives via email! I double click, excited the day has finally arrived …
… and I can’t open the document.
Click to view